Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stefanomagic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Good afternoon
my name is Stephen and I own a MacBook 5.1 or MacBook 13 late 2008.
Last week I decided to buy Snow Leopard and I made a partition with Boot Camp and then I installed Windows 7 64 bit.
My problem is:
-If I use the Leopard cd to install the drivers for win7, gives me the following message:
"Boot Camp x 64 is unsupported on this computer model"
-If I use the bootcamp installed on Snow Leopard before installing the Windows my download partition "BootCamp_3.2 _ 64-bit .exe", and I get the following message: "Update Boot Camp 2.0 requires Bootcamp 3.1 or later. Before you proceed with installing 2.0, install Boot Camp 3.1 ".
Entering specifically my MacBook late 2008 or MacBook 5.1 consists of:
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz 64 bit
-Memory: 4 GB DDR3
-FUJITSU Hard disk: 250 GB
-Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256 MB
How do I install the drivers for win 7 64 bit on my notebook?
Thanks for your attention
Steve

P.S.: I'm sorry but my english is elementary

igucl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2003
Yep, I had the same exact trouble. I have the same MacBook as you, and I have successfully installed Win 7 x64 using the following method.

When you're booted into Win 7, put in the Snow Leopard disc and browse its file structure to the following location:

Boot Camp/Drivers/Apple/BootCamp64

Then you need to right-click on the BootCamp64 file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the context menu (you'll probably need an external USB mouse to do the right-clicking).

That should do it. The setup program should then run and install all the drivers for you. That's what worked for me.

stefanomagic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Yep, I had the same exact trouble. I have the same MacBook as you, and I have successfully installed Win 7 x64 using the following method.

When you're booted into Win 7, put in the Snow Leopard disc and browse its file structure to the following location:

Boot Camp/Drivers/Apple/BootCamp64

Then you need to right-click on the BootCamp64 file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the context menu (you'll probably need an external USB mouse to do the right-clicking).

That should do it. The setup program should then run and install all the drivers for you. That's what worked for me.

Tank you,
now I'm a happy boy.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.