Macbook 5,2 2.13 Ghz intel core 2 duo

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Muhammad Abbas, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Muhammad Abbas macrumors newbie

i have a problem with this mac. i,m using old version 10.5.8 i need 2 upgrade osx lion i have dvd. when i run setup its working but at the end its says Error occourd in installation plz try to run again.... some one please help me 2 solve this..

2. asriznet macrumors regular

the DVD is OS X Lion(10.7) or OS X Snow Leopard(10.6)?

OS X Lion were never shipped with DVD and they are not even available in the Mac App store now, you'll need to buy it from the Apple Online Store which they will then provide you a redemption code in the Mac App Store.

You will still need to have 10.6.8 installed to be able to upgrade to OS X Lion or later.

3. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Or he just makes a recovery usb drive with any post-Lion version with diskmaker x.

4. Muhammad Abbas thread starter macrumors newbie

macbook 5,2 core 2 duo

i download osx lion 10.7 from torrent. macbook is working but i cannot upgrade if i install that version at the end they said an error occourd please try again...

5. logana macrumors 65816

logana

You have downloaded a torrent of OSX 10.7 and are asking why it does not install ? Seriously

Just download Yosemite from the App Store for free - but you will need at least 10.6.6 on that Mac or another Mac......

6. DaKKs macrumors 6502

99% of torrents are perfectly fine. People are just scaremongering. Its got nothing to do with it being a torrent if it doesn't install from two different sources.

Bloke's running Leopard. He doesn't have the app store. A .app or dmg file made into a recovery drive is the only way to upgrade.

7. Bruno09, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014

Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Even if you have a legit copy of Lion, you won't be able to install it over 10.5.8 directly.

You first need to spoof your system version to 10.6.8 by editing the system version .plist file.

After that, you will be able to install Lion (assuming there is no hardware problem and the installer is ok).

Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

8. Muhammad Abbas thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks,,, one thing more how i check my hardware or installer is working...