MacBook 5,2 Random shut downs

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WalnutSpice, Jan 3, 2016.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

I have an early 2009 white MacBook I've been using since mid 2014. I know it's old, but I have a nice desktop and its plenty fast for what I need in a laptop. It was a pretty nice upgrade from an iBook G4.
    But I am the type of person to hit things when they're mad. I know it's dumb but I just do it. And the other day I took out my frustrations on my MacBook and threw some blows to the keyboard, just above the CPU.
    Of course, it didn't come out clean. It now randomly shuts off. Yes, I have the firmware updates installed. Wouldn't be on Mavericks if I didn't. My question isn't really why this is happening, I know why. But is replacing the logic board worth it? I like this laptop but I'm also thinking of going to a used 2009 MacBook Pro 15' or even the new MacBook (which probably wouldn't happen, I use USB, ethernet, etc all the time).
    So I just don't know if its time to replace it or fix it, again.

Currently I'm on a 1.67GHz PowerBook G4 15' which is good enough for a temp laptop, if I get rid of my MacBook I'll probably get a SATA convertor and throw my SSD in here to help speed it up while I'm in-between laptops.

2. gooser macrumors 6502