Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infine0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hello

I am having an extremely hard time getting my wifi and sound to work on my Macbook 6.1 (late '09) in Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have tried running OSX install CD after Windows 7 was successfully installed, and still no luck. I made sure bootcamp was completely up to date before I even attempted the install.

I have also updated to latest bootcamp in windows via autoupdate, and still no WiFi or sound. I also downloaded BootCamp 3.1 x64 from Apple.com and that did not work.

When I go to device manager, it shows that the network adaptor isn't working correctly. The audio device is not flagged.

If I could find out exactly which WiFi adapter, and sound card is in my Macbook 6.1, then I could probably figure it out from there.

Is there no 64 bit driver for my WiFi or sound?

Thanks for any direction or solutions!

infine0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Chicago, IL
bump...still can't get this to work. I tried using the Broadcom 802.11n driver in windows, and that still doesn't work. No sound or WiFi sucks! help please!

lcdonnelly

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2010
You're not alone

Windows 7 sucks altogether; I have exactly the same problem, infine0n, have you found a solution elsewhere?

xaquaticx

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
Windows 7 sucks altogether; I have exactly the same problem, infine0n, have you found a solution elsewhere?

I can't get my Broadcom wifi to work either in Win 7 x64 Server (2008 R2). I have a MBP but I'm guessing wifi is the same....do you folks have the Broadcom 43224?

I've tried all sorts of things, mainly installing all versions of the HP-supplied driver and the Boot Camp drivers. No luck. I don't get it.

infine0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Chicago, IL
I got wifi to work by installing the Broadcom 4322AG driver..but still can't get audio to work on my late '09 Macbook (not pro). Please help!

unixperience

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
there is a very simple fix. this is all done while using windows NOT os x

after you install windows7 get your snow leopard cd (the one that came with your comp, or a retail version) and put it in your cd drive, it will try to install the drivers, for most people this should work fine

however to the original poster or anyone whos mac is not on the list of approved x64 machines
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1846
if you go this route your computer will likely say "bootcamp x64 is not supported on this computer model" or something to that effect, so what you do is

navigate through the win7 dvd (when you insert the dvd it ask if you wish to view the files, or run the autorun, choose "view files") navigate to Boot Camp\Drivers\Apple\BootCamp64.msi

you may have to right click it and go to troubleshoot compatibility, after a few seconds it will run just fine and you will have all your drivers(wireless, bluetooth, audio, the Ir in your headphone jack turns off, you get scrolling and left click support, etc)

heres a nice website with the same commands but you run them in command prompt http://blog.andersonshatch.com/2009/01/11/windows-7-x64-on-a-macbook-pro-guide/

lcdonnelly

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2010
Got it Working!!

I was using a Snow Leopard Upgrade disk, It wasn't working.

I then used the original disks that came with my computer, something happened. I restarted and heard the depressing noise of windows loading. I then realised that I connected to the internet wirelessly.

From that day on, it's been fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.