Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Evostar*

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Hi. I have been getting a quick white bright flash before the boot logo appears on startup and reset. I have done the pram and smc reset. Even wiped the dialed and reinstalled. And it still remains. Is this a bad sign? Boots fine to OS X. So I'm insure what's going on

Many thanks.

madmacfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
London, United Kingdom
Hi. I have been getting a quick white bright flash before the boot logo appears on startup and reset. I have done the pram and smc reset. Even wiped the dialed and reinstalled. And it still remains. Is this a bad sign? Boots fine to OS X. So I'm insure what's going on

Many thanks.

I'm guessing by the flash, you're talking about the one just after the boot chime, before the apple boot logo shows up. if thats the case then it's normal and there nothing wrong with your MB.

Comment

Evostar*

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Really!? I'm positive it never used to do that. I also don't get a chime??

The white flash is really annoying and in your face. Like full on brightness. Surely that's not right.

My friends MacBook Pro doesn't do the flash either...

Thanks for your reply mate.

Comment

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
I seem to recall this happening when 'startup disk' is not configured. The system blinks as it expects to go, then has to stop and look around for the correct drive. Boot with option key to respecify or visit your system prefs.

Comment

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Finally I am glad someone else has noticed this.

My one day old MBA 2013 has this issue.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.