macbook ($999 model) just as trustworthy as imac ($1299 model)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by luzzerylavender, Mar 1, 2009.

1. luzzerylavender macrumors newbie

I am animating a pretty massive 70 minute flash cs3 cartoon. Right now I have a mac mini 1.83ghz 1gb ram. I know the limitations and such of the mac mini and can get by with smaller clip lengths but it doesn't have a dvd burner, and upgrade to flash cs4 requires 2gb ram. But for now the mac mini can handle my flash clips rather well.

Having that in mind, I really wanted to have a portable animation studio for on the go, plugged in of course at different places not using battery. So I liked the macbook, the most current model. I am weary of trusting it to handle my movie. I cannot afford a macbook pro. So its this or I was thinking of just limiting myself to a desktop which is stronger I think, the iMac 20" base model.

If you were me, would you think that the macbook could handle the movie? Or go with the sure answer, being the iMac 2.4ghz? And I would max out the ram with whichever choice I do make.

I have already asked a similar question in this forum a few days ago, but this is an updated version of that question. Heh

thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. Scippy macrumors regular

4. luzzerylavender thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah I was hoping to hear that the macbook would be fine :)