Macbook A1181 screen replacing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by freddyfingers, Oct 28, 2010.

1. freddyfingers macrumors member

So anyway I purchased this macbook with a broken screen and had purchased a few parts off some guy on ebay for this model.

So figured I could replace this broken screen with this one I have. However after taking out 70 screws yeah seriously 70. A long with the both the HHD, CD drives and disconnecting 6-7cables I had the old LCD out and the new one in. About 1/2 through the re-assembly process I decide to test the comp to see if it worked...=[ Sadly it does not I know the computer boots up fine and loads but the screen does not light up. You can vaguely make out icons on the desktop so I know the comp is fine and can move around the mouse ect.

I guess a example of my issue is if you turn down the brightness all the way until the screen go black. You can still make out the outlines for window and such there lcd just wont light up.Question is do I need a new LCD or is there some issue I could check 1st. I know I hooked everything back up correctly so suspect the screen I put in was broken. Just want to know if there is anything I could check basically the lcd doesn't light up which is the problem.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

It could be a bad screen but more likely to be a bad invertor or the invertor to motherboard cable is broken internally...

You have connected the backlight cable on the motherboard ?

It is not unusual for the backlight power feed on the motherboard to fail but it normally works for a 10 minutes or so then stops working.