Macbook A1342 I need a good wireless USB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Foxtrot01, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Foxtrot01 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have a macbook that is less than a year old, unfortunately it suffered an accident and it got split in two. (airport and camera cables snapped). I replaced the front lid and the computer is fully functional except for the camera and the wireless. I have tried to get the cables but haven't been successful since they sell the whole thing.
    So this leaves me with a macbook with no wireless so I need a good wireless USB so I can connect wireless.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on a wireless USB for a Macbook?

Are the regular USB wireless MAC friendly? I have a belkin that I have used on my pc laptop.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

2. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

The good news is that probably you just don't have antennas because the wireless card is in the bottom part of the mac.
    You can add antennas (here I don't know, but I've added one on my eee netbook)

The bad news is that getting a usb wireless adapter that works well under os x is quite difficult.
    But you can try on hackintosh forums.

3. Foxtrot01 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

It has drivers for os x. But from what I seen (with pacifist) it will not work like airport.
    You will have an separate app to manage wireless networks and a an app that runs every time you turn on your mac.
    Is your internal card really toast?