Macbook A1342 tiny missing component..please help pictures incl

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by elitetek, Jun 3, 2013.

1. elitetek macrumors member

Just purchased a used Macbook A1342 2.26GHz. When plugged the there is no green light or oranage charging light. I then attempted a SMC bypass. However now there is a green light, but still does not power on. I plugged in the battery while the magsafe was plugged in and it turned on! chimed normally but the screen stayed white. I did plug to an external monitor and TADA! lion was up and running. I then did a pram and smc reset and still won't post normally, only when the magsafe is plugged in and the battery later is plugged in. I inspected the logic board and found a missing component which right below the LVDS connector. I have attached pictures. Does anyone know what this once was or what component should be there? any help would be fantastic!

[​IMG]

2. elitetek thread starter macrumors member

Did some research on A1342 820-2567-A logic board. The missing component is shown in the picture. Does anyone know what are the specs or measurements of this capacitor?

-Thanks

[​IMG]

3. Dannyshing27 macrumors regular

Dannyshing27

I can only speak from overclocking g4 macs that resistors as such can be replaced by a solder bridge

However its your mac :)

4. elitetek, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

elitetek thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE:
    It seems that the missing component is a ferrite bead. Dadioh suggests that it is a 3.3v power feeding the LCD. The A1278 suggests that it is a 120OHM 1.5A Ferrite. Thank you Dadioh! would any one have the schematics or know the part number for the ferrite bead.

5. elitetek thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone please confirm some measurements with me. I have having major issues. I measured DC in and the first 2 pins I am receving 25V, Pin 3,4 0V and Pin 5 5.5V. I also checked the G3HOT which is 5.5V. I think its supposed to be 3.42V correct? I also checked the power fuse located to the right and it shows 25V. I am checking with the board removed and the magsafe, if that helps. can anyone please confirm these readings. thanks!

6. elitetek thread starter macrumors member

this went to bad to even worse. The unit powers on however does not chime nor display an image. after about 2 min with it powered on the superdrive powers on, but still no image. any help would be great.