MacBook Accessories

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cricketman, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Cricketman macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I just bought a refurb 2009 white Macbook for $759 on the apple refurb store.
    I have had horrible success with my last 3 laptops (all PCs) have broken down within a year and want this to last a while.

With that inn mind, what accessories would you guys recommend to ensure durability of this product? What are some extras that you guys find really helpful?

I have heard that a moshi palm guard with the white mac is a must. Thoughts?

Thanks

2. 2056 macrumors 6502

congrats on your mac purchase.

i absolutely love the moshi palm guard and think it's essential if you want to keep your mac looking like new. i'm sort of ocd when it comes to washing my hands, but those oils are still there no matter what.

a neoprene case is a good idea while the mac travels.

i also recommend a keyboard protector. i tried the moshi protector, but it became cloudy over time so i threw it out. i recently purchased the cover from marware and like it a lot. :D

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Moshi palmguard is a must, especially on white. Throw in an Incase Sleeve and you're good to go!

4. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

5. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Speck seethru cases are great. If you don't like a case then i suggest a Zagg Shield Protector. Both will serve you well.

6. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so I ordered the palmguard and the speck see through case. I just got back from the Sony store and they had some really cool colored keyboard skins. I now want one for my MacBook :D. Anyone have keyboard skins on their MBs? Protection is obviously great but I kind of want it for the looks. I got a black case, so maybe a black skin?

Also, how do I connect this to my HDTV with sound? I want to use it for movies etc.