macbook accident. Anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nigelly, Jan 14, 2009.

1. nigelly macrumors regular

nigelly

Hey there everybody! I am having a big problem with my mac and I would appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Today I dropped my Macbook (white MacBook bought mid 2007 with leopard installed) and now I am having big problems. The OS will load but it will not allow me to do anything at all. Every 30-45 seconds it will go to the blue screen and then the OS will reload but still, it will not allow me to open any applications, not even a finder window.

I would put in my disc it came with to run the disk utility but it seems the optical drive does not work either.

I realize that the hard drive has probably been affected but what is interesting is the windows portion of the computer (XP via bootcamp) is still working and works perfectly. Do you guys have any suggestions you could try and can anyone tell me if this is a hardware problem or just a disk error? Thank you so much for your help everyone I really appreciate it!

EDIT* if it helps, it landed closed, flat upside down

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

if xp is working, i seriously doubt it is a hardware issue, although i have seen some hdds do some wacky stuff before they completely die off

could be a bad sector on the hdd, hopefully the head didnt crash on the platter

3. nigelly thread starter macrumors regular

nigelly

is there anyway i can figure this out before taking it into the shop? thanks