Macbook acting strange.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SssK, Jun 23, 2011.

1. SssK macrumors newbie

Hey!

I have a Macbook Pro and I'm having some strange problems with it. The last week or so the power adapter hasn't been working well, I've had to hold it in a certain angle for it to work.

Earlier today when I accidentally pulled the adapter out the whole computer shut down (the battery wasn't dead). Now the icon that shows the charge is a battery with an X in it, no matter if I have the adapter plugged in or not. Also the fan is on full effect at all times though the computer isn't hot at all. The Macbook doesn't even go to sleep mode when I shut the lid, I can see that the screen is still on with the lid shut plus the fan is working. Restarting it didn't do anything.

I'm really confused, I have no idea what's happening or why, any help is appreciated.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. SssK thread starter macrumors newbie

It says that I have to connect it to a power supply to do that, will it work without being connected to a power supply?

4. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

My friend's macbook had a problem with his adapter. The magnetic part got stuck in his macbook so the magsafe wouldn't stick in there. He had a workaround (books on the cable so it doesn't move from it spot). The result? His motherboard died at some point, probably because of the adapter problem.

I suggest you take it to the apple store a-s-a-p. Although his wasn't in warranty. If you're still in warranty they will fix it even if your motherboard dies.