Macbook advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dkbuilds, Mar 30, 2009.

1. dkbuilds macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a macbook but I wanted to know if the apple store is the only place I can get one. If there are other vendors do they offer better prices or does it make any difference where I buy one from?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Don't forget the apple site some times has refurbished models if your looking to save a bit of money.

4. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

Also, if you are a student or an educator there is a small discount offered through the apple store. Another bonus of the online Apple store is that it makes it quite easy to upgrade your mac (memory, hard drive, etc.).

This isn't a bad place to start hunting
    http://macbuy.macworld.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=13/st=category

As mentioned earlier, a lot of the macrumors community suggest buying apple refub (found on their website). Supposedly, they are almost always indistinguishable from new macs.

I've never heard of an unreliable source, but I'd be careful if you went to ebay :)

enjoy the macbook

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

The Apple Store is not the only place to get a Mac, but it's the only way to build one to order. If you're looking for a stock Mac, those can be had in many B&M stores and a plethora of online stores. Good luck!