macbook advice

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dbowlin17, Jun 15, 2009.

1. dbowlin17 macrumors member

I am looking to buy a macbook. I heard there was an issue with the plastic cracking or tearing. Is this something I should be concerned about? Also, I am considering buying the macbook from apples certified used collection. I might get a black one. what would the mean 4 the hard drive or battery life?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Most likely you'd have a 250 gig hard drive. Not sure what your question about the battery life is. I have the last rev black, and the battery life is great. I usually get at least 5 hours per charge.

3. dbowlin17 thread starter macrumors member

by battery life, i am assuming these refurbished machienes are used, so what would i expect from the battery, and also how much wear time would i expect on the hard drive? blackbooks have leopard, right?

4. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Don't worry about the white MB's-I have had 3 over the years with no problems. The few that have occurred are fully backed up by Apple, even after the warranty period. Its so easy to replace the drives-just upgrade to a larger one if you are worried about it.

That new 2.13 MB is a steal.

5. dbowlin17 thread starter macrumors member

i am worried about a failing hard drive. and i guess it is easier to replace that than the one in my powerbook. if i were to replace it, i should put in a ssd, right? also, thanks all for your advice.

6. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Replacing the HD is absurdly easy in the MBs. Any 2.5" SATA drive should be fine.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

There's a ton of threads about which hard drive to use. The wd scorpio blue 500 gig, wd scorpio black 320 gig and seagate momentus 7200.4 500 gig are usually the favorites, and usually have the best bang for the buck compared with an ssd.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Replacing a hard drive in a MacBook is the easiest thing you'll ever do on any laptop.