MacBook Air 1.6Ghz (Rev B) or the new MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sdm1985, Oct 21, 2009.

1. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I would like some advice. I love my MacBook Air but the lack of diskdrive, heating issues and lagging when watching a 2 minute clip on YouTube does annoy me. Also the battery isn't that great. The machine is beautiful though.

Would I benefit more from the new MacBook? Will videos/ movies run better? I know the machine has a better battery life and is slightly thicker but I think I can deal with that.

Please advise.

Shawn

2. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

The macbook air is like dating a model, you love to look at ai but when it comes down to getting serious it has nothing inside :(

3. darrellishere macrumors 6502

The new macbook is a allot thicker! If you dig that chunky feel over the air then get it!
    Your Macbook air shouldn't be lagging on youtube though. My rev b plays hd flawlessly since the last Snow Leopard update seems to eradicated my need for cool-book, which un-throttled my cpu. Heat is a problem if you block the vents or don't monitor the cpu temperature with iStart pro widget! You could pick up a bargain second hand Macbook air supper-drive on Gumtree!

My observations of the new macbook were very good, I like the new screen, it has a rich depth to it, definitely better than the current airs LINES-TNT s**t!
    No backlight keyboard though, was a bit of a shock, but you should enjoy the longer battery life, although its not what they are claiming! But it should be much better than the airs which is extremely short and not worth unplugging from the mains!

Go and buy it! More Ram, easily replaceable HD, (ssd;) Unthrottled 9400m ,better screen and a supper drive!