MacBook Air 11" 2011 nFreezing after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by teerexx52, May 9, 2012.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I bought a new MacBook Air 11" i5 128SSD 4GB yesterday for my son. I had a hard time with the machine from the very start. First of all when I pressed the power on button repeatedly nothing happened. After5 minutes of playing with it it finally powered on. During the first screens it said it was missing some files from OSX Lion and would attempt to re-download them 45 minutes later it finally booted up. Now I am seeing freezes after sleep. The cursor will not move for about 5-10 seconds. After doing a search here I tried resetting Pram and selecting the startup disk but nothing has helped. I also did a reinstall of Lion. Anyone have any suggestions of something to try? Thanks

2. vtyler98 macrumors member

I'd take it to the genius bar at Apple and see if they can help, sounds like the logic board and those other problems I'm not sure about.

3. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

I would take it back for an exchange as defective...no need to deal with a genius.

4. thewoz macrumors member

I'm a PC guy and even I say, take it back ASAP. This isn't normal for any laptop.

5. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Taking it back today. Second one so just going to get a refund this time

6. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

You had two defective in a row with the same problem?

7. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes, I did. My Macbook Pro does not do it. My wife's 13" MacBook Pro does. The two 11" Airs both did it. Huge delay in the mouse responding after sleep. Spent some time in the Apple Store today with an Apple Sales Person and we tried the Airs on display and the 13" MacBook pros. They all showed the delay. The 15" did not. The Apple Sales person said he thought it was a bug that we should report through Apple's website as it seems to be present on so many machines. My thought is that if they don't know by now will my telling them really help? Anyways I am going to wait and see what develops before we get another Air.

8. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Wow. I haven't noticed it myself but maybe i'm not paying enough attention. I had a bit of a delay on waking before the last OS update from Apple, but lately it seems fine.

Good info - thanks.