Macbook Air 11,6'' cooler

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jmfel1926, Jul 28, 2012.

1. jmfel1926 macrumors member

Hello have a macbook air 11.6 inch 2012 . i want to get a base for my desk so as to be easier to type. i would also like the base to have a cooler fan in order for my air to have the lowest temperature (not that it gets hot). is there a cooling stand for my MBA, because under the MBA there are not heat swipes as most laptops from other brands. is there a special cooling stand for mba's?

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Well, you really don't need a cooler which doesn't work that well to have any effect on the durability.

3. Tfb macrumors member

I got this case, the Cartella from PadandQuill, that folds over into a stand. It's not a cooler exactly but I think it helps for using the MBA on my lap or on a soft surface, by creating some space underneath. It also elevates the back of the computer in a way that I think makes it more comfortable on a desk, for typing and viewing.

The only downside I see is that it adds significant size and weight to the MBA (versus a <1oz Radtech Sleevz or nothing at all - I know lots of people use heavier and less functional cases without a second thought - a very personal question).

Anyway it's expensive but I really like it so far. They're American-made and a small company based in Minnesota so it feels like a project I'm happy to support as well.

[​IMG]