Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bharadw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
My MBA bottom case is shattered .. unfortunately it was just few days over warranty and I did not have extended apple care :( ..

Went to Apple store and they would charge $750 dollars to fix it .. That's ridiculous ..

Screen, trackpad, keyboard everything is in perfect condition.. Notebook works perfectly with no problem what so ever ..

Any suggestions for alternative repair options?

I came across MyService .. They seem to be Apple authorized repair shop ..

thx

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If it will make you feel any better I highly doubt that if your bottom case shattered while in warranty apple would have repaired it under said warranty. They would have alleged misuse.

There's a number of companies that offer replacement parts for Macs, check them out on google. I have zero experience with any of them so I'm hesitant to name any here since I have no idea how good/bad they are

bharadw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Ok my bad .. Lets go with Title of my post i.e. its cracked ..

always reading about screen shattered so got carried away while posting .. In fact made me think about wording too but thought the bottom line that new bottom case required is enough ..

Here is the scoop .. Its Bent, out of shape .. 2 screws came off so wide open from one side ..

Appreciate your help .. thanks

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009

always reading about screen shattered so got carried away while posting .. In fact made me think about wording too but thought the bottom line that new bottom case required is enough ..

Here is the scoop .. Its Bent, out of shape .. 2 screws came off so wide open from one side ..

But how? The only way I can see this happening is if you were the cause... And that wouldn't have been covered under warranty anyway...

Queen6

macrumors G4

Was it dropped, or is the battery swelling, if it`s the battery call Apple customer services.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
This would be the first case of a MBA base bending itself.
What actually happened?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.