Macbook Air 11" - How much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by suttong, Sep 5, 2013.

1. suttong macrumors newbie

I'm looking to upgrade to the new haswell air's and want to get an idea how much I could expect to get for:

2012 MacBook air
    1.7Ghz core i5
    4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    128 SSD

Cosmetically in excellent condition except for a small dent on the right corner. Will try to sell locally or ebay.

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

You can get......

a good estimate looking for similar specs computers in the Apple Store and then taking 25% off from that price. If you dont have AppleCare, try to sell before the year comes, letting the buyer take that option. Can be worthwhile, IMHO...

Factor in shipping costs and fees, if any.....

:):apple:

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

ebay people and craigslist people don't like things that aren't perfect. Now it's a 2011 machine the new one is 999 bucks. Just remember they did knock off $100 bucks on this version. Craigslist is your best bet. Just see what other similar ones are going for and add software/music/movies to make it look like a better deal. I sold my 2011 macbook pro for $850 a when the new air came out this year. The air is worth less but you can prob get 80% of what you paid for it