MacBook Air 11 inch as a secondary machine - some input needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vitalion, Dec 19, 2015.

1. vitalion macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I am looking for a secondary machine, most likely a MacBook Air 11 inch. I got a full spec iMac at the moment and i want a small little laptop for the go. I am working with Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign mainly. Plus some digital advertising stuff FB ads, Google Ads etc.

I want the laptop for some quick editing on the fly, emails etc. basic stuff actually. and some minor use of the adobe products mentioned above. last minute corrections or client visits for example. I want to use it for stuff that i cannot do with my ipad actually.

I am thinking of getting the very basic built. Should i buy it now or wait for the 2016 version which is rumored to be a major upgrade of the existing line?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    V

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I use an 2013 11" i7/8gb/512gb MBA as my primary machine. It's a very powerful little computer and I run Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, VectorWorks, PhotoShop, Filemaker pro and othe high end software. I think the current model or even a 2013 or 2014 would meet your needs. You could save some money by getting an Apple refurb.

If you need it now, go ahead and buy it. If you don't need it now, wait and see what the update looks like. The last article I read on MacRumors suggested that a major update is coming. That could be a mixed bag as there are sometimes problems with new models however...

3. vitalion thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply. I will give it some more thought. I might wait for the 2016 version..