Macbook Air 13 2011 Battery Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by teknobrat2003, Aug 23, 2011.

1. teknobrat2003 macrumors member

I've done the battery recalibration several times and use my Macbook Air daily, however I've noticed that the battery gets depleted really quickly. For example today it was charged at 100 percent, then I used it for 5 min and left it alone for a couple hours. Brightness at middle setting and backlight keys deactivated. When I came back to use it again from sleep it was at 63% battery life. Is that normal?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

No. It should be going into sleep mode after a while, which preserves the battery. Go into System Preferences and then Energy Preferences, and make sure that these settings are correct. If not, then you probably have something else wrong with it. If the lid was down and it still went from 100 to 63% in 2 hours, then there is definitely something wrong.

3. teknobrat2003 thread starter macrumors member

Energy preferences are 2 min for both monitor and harddrive sleep. The lid was open. Does the lid being opened or closed matter?

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Even with the lid open, with no activity, eventually it should go into sleep mode. What is the setting for Computer Sleep?

5. teknobrat2003 thread starter macrumors member

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Something is wrong, then. Did you migrate from a previous Mac? Perhaps some software is preventing it from going to sleep. Did you install any utilities or "hacks"? If not, then have it checked out.

7. teknobrat2003 thread starter macrumors member

Nope, I didn't do any of those things. I just have it connected to an external monitor from time to time. Any other ideas?

8. iApple Mania macrumors member

iApple Mania

You'd better go to the shop for checking. It's absolutely has something wrong.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

x2. Set up a genius appointment and take it in tonight if you can. Apple will swap it out.