Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saisooraj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Hi,

I'm starting thread to let everyone know about the issue i'm facing with my Macbook Air 2013 model. It is strange that my Macbook air actually turn on but there is no display, looks like plain black screen even after turning on my laptop. I took to apple authorized service center and they just simply told that Macbook Air MLC needs to changes and it roughly costs around 600$( and they were not sure if this fixes the issue). I stay in a place where there is no apple genius bar which may actually perform diagnostics and tell be the best possible solution. It been 4 months since i used my Air, yesterday i decided to open the back panel of Mac and tried to figure out what was the issue and saw that fan is spinning when i hit the power button but there was no display. Can anyone let me know what exactly the problem with my MAC. Do i really want to change the MLC with 600$ (Warranty of 60 days) or can this be repaired. If it is repairable please let me know where this can be done... :)

Thanks in advance..

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Hi,

I'm starting thread to let everyone know about the issue i'm facing with my Macbook Air 2013 model. It is strange that my Macbook air actually turn on but there is no display, looks like plain black screen even after turning on my laptop. I took to apple authorized service center and they just simply told that Macbook Air MLC needs to changes and it roughly costs around 600$( and they were not sure if this fixes the issue). I stay in a place where there is no apple genius bar which may actually perform diagnostics and tell be the best possible solution. It been 4 months since i used my Air, yesterday i decided to open the back panel of Mac and tried to figure out what was the issue and saw that fan is spinning when i hit the power button but there was no display. Can anyone let me know what exactly the problem with my MAC. Do i really want to change the MLC with 600$ (Warranty of 60 days) or can this be repaired. If it is repairable please let me know where this can be done... :)

Thanks in advance..

MLC? Not familiar with that acronym other than to refer to a kind of flash memory that's probably in the SSD, and this doesn't seem like it would be an SSD problem.

Is the display actually not showing anything, or is the backlight out?

If you shine a flashlight on it, can you see that the pixels are showing the images they should be?

That should help diagnose the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.