Macbook Air 13.3 box weight & dimensions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by s2dio, Oct 29, 2010.

1. s2dio macrumors regular

s2dio

Hi everyone.

I am close to ordering a 13.3 inch MBA, fully spec'ed, but I would like to clarify some details.

What are the exact weight and size of the MBA box shipped from the Apple online store? (I can't find it neither on Apple's website, nor on ebay/amazon).

(I'm going on a business trip and would like to get the product shipped to the hotel, but I'm ordering in advance to give it some extra time in case of a delay, so the Hotel's administration asks me of it's dimensions, which will be required for its storage).

thanks in advance.

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Mine says 6.4lbs on the Fedex shipment confirmation. This was a 13.3" 2.13/4gig/256gig model.

You get two boxes: Outer brown shipping box, with 4 'corner' pieces inside to suspend the actual MBA box. The MBA box is the second box.

In design, its similar to the iPad box. The box itself is not much wider than the physical dimensions of the MBA itself. It is, however, about 3" deep. The box contains the computer (on top), with the power supply, power supply extension cord and the manual/restore package bundle.

3. s2dio thread starter macrumors regular

s2dio

Thanks. If it's not a problem for you, could you please measure the dimensions of the outer shipping box (better in cm, but inches would do as well).

4. s2dio thread starter macrumors regular

s2dio

hellooooo, anyone who had received a 13.3 MBA lately, please tell me the exact dimensions of the outer shipping box, and its weight please!

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Sorry, but I pitched the outer box. It was just a brown box, approximately 1" bigger on all sides than the internal MBA box. All my Fedex shipment advice shows is:Weight 6.4 lbs/2.9 kg

What kind of hotel are you staying at that requires the EXACT dimensions of a package you are receiving? Is this a microtel where your room is basically a coffin? Or are they going to store it in their safe?

If an approximate will suffice:

13.3" MBA dimensions:
    Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
    Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)

So add in the packaging of .5 inches all around + 3 inches thick/deep
    Then add in another 1 inch in all three dimensions for the outside brown box.

That should be good enough for them.

6. s2dio thread starter macrumors regular

s2dio

found the suitable dimensions, measured by ZDnet in an unboxing article. Although they don't include the outer shipping box.

so here are the dimensions of the macbook air's box: 31 x 36 x 5 cm, weights about 2.5 kg (the average weight of MBA on Amazon).

7. IAmRaymond macrumors newbie

I recently ordered my MacBook Air 13.3" (Early 2015) and my UPS tracking number tells me that my package weighs 7.6 pounds. I have no clue why because it only comes with Parallels for Mac with. I don't think it should weigh that much. Any intake on what it might be that is causing the weight?

8. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

There's more than just the MBAir.
    There's a box, where the MBAir is packed.
    Then the outside shipping box, with suspending package materials to keep the inner box safe.
    Oh - then there's the other items in addition to the MBAir. Power adapter, etc.

9. IAmRaymond macrumors newbie

True man. It just seems kinda weird to me that the rest of the packaging weighs 3 pounds..

10. motrek macrumors 68020

I don't see the point of giving this a second thought. Are you worried they sent you two MacBooks by accident?

11. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Ah, maybe you should know that life is full of "weird stuff"
    You get to move on... :D

12. IAmRaymond macrumors newbie

Haha thanks man, I guess! Just worried the site didn't send me the product, and worried if I will be scammed lol

13. IAmRaymond macrumors newbie

Just worried if I am getting scammed by the site I ordered it from and this is the thread's purpose, buddy. I have no clue why you are here without a "point" of knowing the information on it or interest in knowing :D

14. newellj macrumors 603

You have a significant problem. There was a run of MacBook Airs that shipped from China with incorrect battery assemblies. Specifically, instead of the correct Li battery these were assembled with counterfeit batteries that were provided to Apple's manufacturing contractor containing radioactive uranium waste, which accounts for the extra weight. I work in a nuclear physics lab and have the appropriate disposal facilities. Check with the courier and see if you can have the machine redirected to me before it is delivered.

15. IAmRaymond macrumors newbie

Nice try dude. Haha you deserve a medal for the effort that was put into that haha but I was just worried I would be scammed because I have never ordered anything from B&H Photography and Audio, do you have any clue how reliable they are?

16. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

If you search for "Is B&H Photo a reputable company", you will find a number of rating sites.
    Keep in mind that folks might more likely make a post BECAUSE something wasn't right. Less often, to praise a company for a good job. So, you have to take some bad reports to be overall a bit less valuable than the poster might think.
    Anyway, here's one link - http://forums.macresource.com/read.php?1,1465378,1465404

17. IAmRaymond macrumors newbie

Thanks, man. That was actually very helpful. Really, it is very much appreciated, dude! You are very kind!

18. newellj macrumors 603

With the caveat that everyone slips up from time to time, B&H is as good as a vendor gets. Probably more trustworthy than you or me, seriously.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I would bet $1000 that B&H has not scammed you. I have bought over $80k in camera equipment from B&H and they reputation is impeccable!