MacBook Air 13.3 or MacBook Pro 13.3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by miss.machine, Mar 28, 2015.

1. miss.machine macrumors newbie

First post....hi!

Ok so I am hoping to set up as self employed shortly and unfortunately my MacBook (white) mid 2010 has decided it doesn't want to be part of this venture.

I've been scrutinising over new machines, and always come back to Mac (all I've ever really used)

I would mainly be using Adobe InDesign, illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver, with the possibility of Flash,

Yesterday I bit the bullet and I've ordered a MBA 13.3 2015 with 4Gb RAM 256 SSD as a replacement which is due to arrive today.

However I am now debating returning the MBA and swapping it for the rMBP 13.3 with 8GB RAM and 128Gb SSD.

I am literally torn between the portability and the battery life of the air and the gamut output on the screen and processing power of the MbP.

I'm a mum of 2 young kids so I'm always out and about, or wouldn't necessarily be working sat at a desk or even in the home.

But my work is mostly for print, so could do with as good colour representation on screen to prevent production issues.

I've poured over reviews and under most tests with the exception of video tasks and demanding games, the MBA and the MbP seem to perform on the same level.

Price wise-they are both exactly the same.

I know these are new machines but I was wondering if anyone can share experience of running a new MBA with Adobe CC or if anyone would recommend swapping?

I literally cannot decide what to do!
    Any input would be greatly appreciated-might help me make my mind up!

(Apologies if there are any spelling errors, I'm posting from my phone right now!)

2. miss.machine thread starter macrumors newbie

Aaaaand I've just noticed many many people have asked the same question... I think I'll return the Air and swap it for the Pro #