Macbook Air 13" (a1466) water damage..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by neosho, Jul 6, 2015.

1. neosho macrumors newbie

Hi guys, new around and need some help!

Got some Macbook air 13" that had water damage time ago but suppose to be fixed already (like 300$) and was working fine.. time passed and now recently trackpad + keyboard stopped working (power button is fine) and with usb keyboard and hardware test on boot gave me these error codes:

NDR001, NDK001, PFM006 & PPN001 (fans are full speed and looks like some sensor is failing)

Any tip or someone experienced with same error combo? im highly in doubts about top case (keyboard + trackpad) is failling now vs logic board failling too..

Attached Files:

2. neosho thread starter macrumors newbie

3. neosho thread starter macrumors newbie

4. motrek macrumors 68020

Sorry. Seems like nobody knows what to do. I have seen cases before of the fan spinning up to full speed after water damage due to a sensor failure. Seems like one of the first points of failure from water damage. I've never heard of a way to address it other than to start replacing parts...

5. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

The errors indicate a number of controller breakdowns, including the SMC. About all you can do is have it checked by an Apple technician.

You can get a little info from this page to see what the codes mean-
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203747

6. neosho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply mate, my doubt is about top case being the failure (keyboard + trackpad + trackpad zone sensor) or logic board failure.. im thinking of dismounting logic board and top case and clean em with toothbrush and isopropilic alcohol, what you think about most probable failure part.. logic board or top case?