Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Leeds, UK
Hello,

Weird one to explain...

Bought a new MacBook Air 13" yesterday from Apple, it's great, however, when holding the machine upside down, the front of the trackpad seems a bit loose.

When it's sat on a level surface, it's fine - it's just the front edge where you'd click, might move by around 0.5mm when suspended - meaning if you're using it on an angle (laid in bed etc), it can be annoying.

This probably makes no sense whatsoever, but does anyone else have the same issue?

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
my mac trackpad is fine in any orientation, even upside down. Maybe the Airs have a different trackpad?

If at all possible, go to a Apple store near you (if it exists) and have them check it out.

If you are brave, you can play with their Airs in store and see if they also have your issue.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yup

Yes, happened to me with my MBP 13" I bought almost a year ago. Worsened progressively until it didn't click much anymore.

I took it in, the Genius tried to tighten the screw but couldn't get it to work, so they replaced the entire top case.

Been great since.

urbis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Leeds, UK
Was that only when you held it inverted?

It seems fine when it's flat on a desk, but just doesn't feel right when I use it upright/hold it upside down.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
nope

Was that only when you held it inverted?

It seems fine when it's flat on a desk, but just doesn't feel right when I use it upright/hold it upside down.

No, I don't use my laptop inverted. Impressed by your ability to, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.