MacBook Air 13" Early 2014 - Loose Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by urbis, Feb 11, 2015.

1. urbis macrumors newbie

Hello,

Weird one to explain...

Bought a new MacBook Air 13" yesterday from Apple, it's great, however, when holding the machine upside down, the front of the trackpad seems a bit loose.

When it's sat on a level surface, it's fine - it's just the front edge where you'd click, might move by around 0.5mm when suspended - meaning if you're using it on an angle (laid in bed etc), it can be annoying.

This probably makes no sense whatsoever, but does anyone else have the same issue?

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

my mac trackpad is fine in any orientation, even upside down. Maybe the Airs have a different trackpad?

If at all possible, go to a Apple store near you (if it exists) and have them check it out.

If you are brave, you can play with their Airs in store and see if they also have your issue.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yup

Yes, happened to me with my MBP 13" I bought almost a year ago. Worsened progressively until it didn't click much anymore.

I took it in, the Genius tried to tighten the screw but couldn't get it to work, so they replaced the entire top case.

Been great since.

4. urbis thread starter macrumors newbie

Was that only when you held it inverted?

It seems fine when it's flat on a desk, but just doesn't feel right when I use it upright/hold it upside down.

5. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

nope

No, I don't use my laptop inverted. Impressed by your ability to, though.