Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
I will be switch from a windows desktop to a mac which means a lot of the acessories i use wont work. So what are some acessories the community recomends? Thanks.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The basics would be a hard shell case, silicone keyboard cover, and a USB-C monitor. If you want to run more than two monitors, you’ll want a DisplayLink dock such as Dell UD22.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Satechi pro hub slim is one of my favourite accessories when I have it hooked up to my 27" monitor and use it in clamshell mode. Made specifically for the m2 air and still keeps the MagSafe charging port free to use

pro-hub-slim

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
I recommend Apple Care and not worry about cases and covers :)
I am on a really tight budget but thanks for the suggestion i will buy my mac in the US🇺🇸 and i live in Brazil🇧🇷 o no apple care

Reactions: LeeW

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The basics would be a hard shell case, silicone keyboard cover, and a USB-C monitor. If you want to run more than two monitors, you’ll want a DisplayLink dock such as Dell UD22.
Bad advice on the shell and cover.

Hardshell cases can scratch your Mac.

Silicon keyboard covers, especially alongside the hardshell case, can suffocate your Mac and cause it to run hot - as it impedes internal heat from escaping.

Simply take care in handling your Mac, and don't spill drinks on it.

arcite

macrumors 6502a
If you’re hauling your Mac around in/out of a bag, using it in public places etc… a hard case is great, as it adds an extra layer of protection from bumps or even falls. As for scratching….well, macbooks are made out of aluminum, it will naturally accumulate scratches overtime with normal use. And over heating? Never heard of it. Hard cases have been around forever. The big name brand ones are very well designed.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Bad advice on the shell and cover.

Hardshell cases can scratch your Mac.

Silicon keyboard covers, especially alongside the hardshell case, can suffocate your Mac and cause it to run hot - as it impedes internal heat from escaping.

Simply take care in handling your Mac, and don't spill drinks on it.

If you install anything improperly, of course it can scratch your computer.

The chips on the logic board all face downward. Heat would have to pass through the logic board and keyboard to dissipate. It clearly wasn't designed to do that.

Telling someone to simply "take care" and "don't spill" is like saying, don't wear a seat belt, just drive carefully. It's hard to do in the real world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.