MacBook Air 13" replace with 2013 model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jakham, Jun 15, 2013.

1. jakham macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have one question... About two months ago I bought Macbook Air 13" i5/4GB ram/128ssd, after when was introduced models for this year I am thinking about change it.

I would like to ask what are you think about if is worth it. Battery life looks very good, will be real battery life much better than model 2012? Have the new model any disadvantages?

Thanks for help!

JH

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Ofcourse battery is better, old model you get around 5-6 hours (usage may differ), new model you'll get 10-12 hours. So technically it's double battery life. If the machine is not powerful enough then your looking in the wrong place, if you need battery: upgrade.

- L

3. gpeden macrumors regular

FWIW I am essentially doing the same thing. Last fall I purchased a base model 13" like yours because my MBP suddenly died a short time after the extended NVidia warranty:rolleyes: I needed something right away and was fortunate enough to get a good price in a retail store sale.

I intended to eventually get one with more RAM and a bigger SSD and suffer a small loss by selling this one. Of course once I found out about the Haswell upgrade I waited until this week. Concerns about the performance improvements with this new design were a secondary consideration, because my main motivation to to get 8 gig of RAM and this makes it worthwhile, with the rest being gravy, IMO.

Glen