MacBook Air 13 running Windows 7 Pro via Bootcamp.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Stealthipad, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Getting ready to but 13 MBA 13" with 256SSD.

I want to partition the drive via Bootcamp to the smallest practical MAC partition leaving the largest amount for Win 7 Pro. I will be using the MS Office Suite, CS5 and Quickbooks Pro.

My questions are does Lion work well with Bootcamp and run Win7 Pro with the performance I need.

Are there any issues I should know about? Also can I use a portable DVD USB drive from my Lenovo instead of getting the Apple drive?

Any help or advice.

2. Gator Bob macrumors regular

On my 2011 13" Air I use less than 30GB of the 256SSD for Mac stuff and yes, Windows 7 runs perfectly in Bootcamp. You probably can set up a 175GB Windows partition, leave 50GB for Mac stuff and do just fine.

3. Sincci macrumors regular

Since MBA supports usb stick installation for Win7, you don't need any portable DVD drive for the installation.

4. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

That is how I set it up. The boot camp repartition and Windows install went without a single warning or glitch! Not often things work so well.

Good by Thinkpad W520, it is on it way to eBay!

You are correct. But I choose the DVD drive install. All worked perfect. Thanks

WIndows runs VERY well. Boots up fast and is ready to go to work. Even large PhotoShop drawings have little effect. Hard to believe that a laptop that is this thin and light performs so well.

Very happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.