Macbook air 13 startup disk issue :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zaidbaby, Nov 14, 2015.

1. zaidbaby macrumors newbie

zaidbaby

Hi,

So, story is I was trying to format my macbook by going into recovery mode from boot. I then erased the macintosh hd partition and went to install OS X 10 and checked that it was going to work out. I turned off my laptop because I decided to do it later. When I again tried to booting into recovery mode it kept taking me to internet recovery so I decided to make a Bootable usb for installing MAC OS X El Capitan. I did it using transmac on windows. But now when I only press option key to see the option for startup disk. It still takes me internet recovery. What should I do ? I am tired and frustrated.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Sorry for perhaps asking the obvious, but why not use internet installation?

3. zaidbaby thread starter macrumors newbie

zaidbaby

I gave it a try twice. Whenever it gets to end and 30 minutes remaining it al just stops for a while and gives me an error "can't download some components to install OS X"

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Last I checked Transmac does not work for making an El Capitan installer.

I would command-option-r back to Internet recovery and erase the drive again the start over. You can update back to El Capitan afterwards.

5. zaidbaby thread starter macrumors newbie

zaidbaby

I tried again and it gets to end when 30 minutes are remaining and gives the error message "can't download the required component to install OS X"