Macbook Air 13" ultimate

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by doremi, Aug 22, 2011.

1. doremi macrumors newbie

Hi guys , my mba just arrive today. i charged it all full 10 hours. But when i unplugged it , the battery is a 94% and it only indicate 5 hours of time remaining. it is normal ? i only open safari and mail.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

It's most likely still doing the indexing (Spotlight on the top corner). Let it do it's thing for the first little while, and it'll be back to normal.

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Are you certain you didn't unplug it and plug it back in at any moment?

Normally, Macs will not charge if their battery is at 95% and higher because Apple feels there's no need for that extra 5% and more cycles on the battery. You see, some people might unplug their laptop for 5 minutes many many times a day. If the battery is then at 99% and it charges to 100% every time, that's a lot of stress on the battery.

Plug it in until it's above 95%, then unplug it until it's done calculating time remaining, then plug it back in.

4. doremi thread starter macrumors newbie

i let it charge the whole day , didn't unplug it at any moment. now as i am typing the battery drop to 89%!!

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's brand new. Give it a couple of days. Use it until it goes down to less than 10%, then charge it again. Use it some more, have fun with it, see if it is still misbehaving a week from now. You will still have a week to return it if you need to (but very likely you won't have to).

6. doremi thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do ! thanks so much for the fast reply. loving it so far.

7. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

Yes, mine was somewhat erratic for the first couple of days with the battery (I'm an MBA 2011 Ultimate 13" owner) too and as zboater and some of the others have said, give it a few days and see how it's behaving then.

During the first week, I ran mine down until it powered off and then I left it for around five to six hours before charging it again. The estimated hours of use that are reported can also be a bit misleading. Chances are, it'll be fine. :)

8. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Just made a post on my blog related to properly calibrating your battery. Link below!