Macbook air 13 VS Macbook pro 13

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WinterWolf90, Mar 10, 2015.

1. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

I need some buying advice. I am torn between these two products. I would like to have the better display from the retina and it does offer better performance, but I am not sure I need it with what I do; which is mostly: Browsing, photo editing pictures from my DSLR, word documents; will use it for grad school in next year, movies.

The air appears to me because it is cheaper and the pro because of the screen. The biggest hangup I have is over the space. It costs a lot to upgrade from 256 to 500.

Is buying a network storage device the better way to go as far as this is concerned? if that is the case the mid level 13 pro would be ideal for me

Opinions?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Network storage .....

Is the answer, but if you are considering the air then get a refurbished rMBP at a cheaper price it'll still spank the air.

3. Joelburman macrumors regular

Joelburman

Yeah I don't think the Air is an alternative at all for you. I'd go for the refurbished rMBP any day. There might be early adaptors out there who wants to get rid of their old machines for the new retina that was presented yesterday.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Go for the Pro - a refurbished 256 model is now $1159 and the 512 GB model is $1359.

5. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Definitely the pro. The Air is underpowered for what you want to do. Plus once you have a high resolution screen like the Retina, you'll never want to have anything less.

And yes to the NAS question, it's better to invest in one than pay Apple $200 extra for just 256gb more.

6. WinterWolf90 thread starter macrumors 6502