Macbook Air 2011 11 or 13 quick decision

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vcof2005, Feb 16, 2012.

1. vcof2005 macrumors member

I am having a dilemma on which computer to choose. I current have an iPad 2 and a Macbook Pro (Base 13' 2010 core duo). I want to purchase a Macbook Air as a secondary computer to take with me to work at my new job (I work 9 hour shifts). I need to make a decision soon because I work in an apple store and I will leaving at the end of the month in order to fulfill my full time duties at the new job. I need to use my employee discount ASAP. I primarily want the Air for speedy internet use (HUGE FACTOR), documents, streaming video (Youtube, HBO Go, and Netflx), and twitter. I don't play any computer games. I would buy the 11 inch but the complaints about the battery I am seeing are really discouraging. I've had more than enough time in store to demo both but with them being plugged in all day, and me selling them, I truly have no real world experience.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Why don't you use use your existing laptop and ipad to fulfill your needs? It seems strange that you need to buy a laptop from your own money to take it to a new job. Won't they provide you with a computer?

3. vcof2005 thread starter macrumors member

They provide me with a dell desktop to do work there. This secondary computer would be used to work on other documents and my frequent travel. I work a job that requires me to be in and out the office a lot but take notes frequently. I also want a faster computer than what i have (just personal preference). I think I should mention this secondary computer will basically be used for entertainment and notes, no big work processes involved outside of notes and editing papers.

4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

So, what do you want from your purchase? You are the one who's in the best position to offer input. :)

I'd use the MBP.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10