MacBook air 2011 or MacBook air 2012?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jukinha92, May 10, 2012.

1. jukinha92 macrumors member

I was thinking in buying a MacBook air because i love is portability... But i dont know if i should wait for the new 2012 model or buy the 2011... Is it going to be really different? Is the new model going to be a huge upgrade?

2. tsboy69 macrumors regular

As a newbie to a newbie,

Really? The same question from yesterday and the day before and before again?
    C'mon already

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

The new model will be a huge update! You have to wait, otherwise you will hate yourself and your parents will disown you.

Not only will they offer a 11", 13", 15", and a 17" model, they will also be twice as thin. The 15" and 17" models will offer dual hard drives, and quad-core maple-bridge processors, 16gb of ram standard (with an option to upgrade to 32gb), and discrete graphics using dual nvidia in SLI mode. The keyboard will not only backlit, but the backlight color will be selectable. Also, there will be Siri.

There is also a rumor of a new 9" model called the Macbook Nano running a dual core Intel Atom CPU.

Also, it will have laser beams.

4. Flunkyturtle macrumors 6502

i loled.

As above use the search bar, there are millions(true story) of threads about this.

Summary - If you need a laptop buy now, if you don't then wait.

5. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

If you really need one now, buy it, obviously.

If you want to save a bit of money, wait for the refresh and decide if the 2011 will be enough for you then.

I wouldn't buy right now unless I *had* to.

6. Mjmar macrumors 65816

7. jukinha92 thread starter macrumors member

I think that the diferences between the 2011 and 2012 will not be significant... Just in the iMac i think the iMac will be funtastic

----------

How is to have An iMac? Xp

8. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Bah one more month....NOOOOOO.

For the wait it better come with frickin' laser beams! lol :D

9. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I'm going back to school in Sept., I'll wait till 2012 comes out. Hope the ram and SSD will be bigger.

10. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Do you need it RIGHT NOW? If so, buy it right now. Otherwise, WAIT.

11. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I like it, but I don't need it as much since I travel a lot more for work. I am waiting for the Air refresh myself, but I am in the same boat as you. I kind of need one soon. Hopefully June is indeed the time.

12. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I would wait for the 2013 model. Actually the 2014 one will be even better.

13. askj macrumors newbie

Macbook air next month

Hi,
    I have a quick question, if new macbook air is revealed next month, then after how many days it will start shipping? I need the macbook air for a trip in July first week. So if I can get it say by mid or end of June, then I should be fine.. Any suggestions?

14. cloudTiger macrumors newbie

I can tell you I ordered my early 2011 MBP BTO the day after they were announced and got it in about 5 days later. Non-BTO units were in the local Mac store the day they were announced.

I don't know if that experience is typical of every hardware release or not though.