MacBook Air 2012 trackpad not working properly!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iMag, Jul 26, 2012.

1. iMag macrumors member

Hi,

Maybe you guys can help me.

I ordered online a new MacBook Air 13" with the 2ghz cpu, 8gb ram and 256 sdd. It arrived last Friday.

Everything was fine until yesterday when the trackpad stopped responding. It didn't recognize 2 fingers movements, only one. The scroll up or down movement are not working.

I did many tests and the problem persist. I have my wife's macbook air to compare and mine is really not working properly.

You guys think it is better to return it and get a new one? or Apple Store will be able to fix this? Maybe it is a software issue?

I don't know if this is related but when I first opened my new Mac I saw that the trackpad was a little bit dirty and there was a small scratch on it. I wasn't happy with this, but I could live with it.

Any suggestion?

2. bab2010 macrumors newbie

At that point where you saw some scratches on the track pad, I Sie's you take it to apple store, I would negotiate with them for a replacement if moving my documents from it to a new Mac is not going to be an issue.

3. iMag thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I'll go to Apple store today. It's sad that this happened. My first Mac. :( not a good start.

My only concern is with my Office 2011. I had to use 1 of the 3 licences. I hope I can get it back.