MacBook Air 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by danyog1, Feb 1, 2015.

1. danyog1 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a MacBook air 2012 that I have recently bought paid £70 for it which I think was a reasonable price. I bought it as a dead unit with charger. The MacBook itself is in like new condition, I have checked the logic board and all other parts everything looks ok, no corrosion to the logic board i removed the battery and it looks like it has a tiny little burn mark to it on the underside (away from the connector on the logic board itself). When I plug the MagSafe in the light does not light up orange, it lights up green every 37 seconds, I've done several time tests and it always blinks green every 37 seconds, to get it to turn on you have to hold the power button and wait for the blink of the green light, while the power button is pressed instead of blinking green it will go to full green light without blinking then it will turn on.
    While the laptop is turned on (I'm using it now) it functions perfectly apart from it say's that there is no batteries available and once the MagSafe is removed it instantly shuts down.
    I would be grateful if any of you could help me.
    I've been told by people so far it could be 3 of many things... Battery, MagSafe or the MagSafe board. All these parts I have priced up and they are no more than £50 each. Do any of you know what it could be, even at a guess. Thanks!

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

if you bought it for $70 (ignore the $ sign), then i think something must be missing or broken. Take it to apple and they will probably tell you what needs to be replaced and you can go from there

3. danyog1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing is missing it's a full machine, I bought it off a guy who had no trouble with money but didn't have time to take it anywhere to get fixed so replaced it straight away. I'm using it right now and it's working perfectly fine (Apart from problems mentioned), It's a 2012 MacBook air, i5 1.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3 ram 128GB SSD

4. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Thats a really nice mac book for that price. Just take it to apple, and say what the problem is. I will ponder into this issue and see what the problem is

5. danyog1 thread starter macrumors newbie

In the current condition I've been offered £250 however I would like to fix it and keep it for myself. Don't apple charge the earth just to look at them though ? Thanks! greatly appreciated.

6. rapicell macrumors regular

You only pay if they do any "labor" aside from things like looking at internals, reinstalling an os, and ect..

7. danyog1 thread starter macrumors newbie

So they will check internal parts free of charge even though I have been inside the MacBook