Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deftoner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Hi guys!!

I read the forum often but now is my first post.

I have a macbook air 2013 11' (i5), Last night we were watching a movie with external vga adapter to a 26" monitor. At half of the movie the mac go off. All the time with the charger connected with green light on it.

I try resetinf de cmr, the nvram etc. Dead, no signals. Charger alwas on green.

Today I bought the pentalobe screwdriver (yeah I have like 200 screwdrivers but not this one specific from apple) and took the cover of.

I disconected the battery pack and connected again. Connected the charger and now is orange (chargin) but not power on. Tried the resets again (now when Ireset de cmr I see the charge light change green and orange again). but not powering on. I waited 3 hours and noticed that the charger is cold so I deduced like is not charging. I take the battery out and measured with the tester, the first 3 pins are + and the last 3 -. I measured 0.28v. I measured the board out with charger connected and is 8.40v So the battery is not taking the charge.

My question is... the macbook air it should turn on without battery? (mine is not).

I need to know that, so I can buy another battery to test it. If the mac turn on without battery I have other problem besides the battery pack.

Thanks for your time!!!

fega72

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2014
Yes,it should power on without battery. You can measure the battery only when it connected to the logic board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.