MacBook Air 2013 13" Mavericks Black Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bcaudill, Oct 25, 2013.

1. bcaudill macrumors newbie

Specs:
    MBA Mid 2013 13"
    Proc: 1.7 GHz i7-4650U
    Mem: 8GB
    SSD: 256GB

Story:
    Installed Mavericks last night. After a few seconds it went for reboot and got stuck (I think with the rotating circle). I left it there for about an hour before a hard reboot. After that it performed the install fine. Everything was working just fine. Before Sleeping I closed the lid to go to standby just like usual.

When I woke up, I opened the MBA and the screen was on, but totally black. Nothing happened for a while so I hard rebooted again. I heard the chime, but it stays at black screen. It does this at every hard reboot I try. (Rinse, repeat.)

I've left it for a long time waiting for it to come up. Battery is fully charged. Perhaps it's possible that the battery ran out overnight, but I doubt it because I seem to remember the cable turning green after only a few minutes. I've tried various key combos to get it into recovery. (I'd settle for just a reinstall and recover from Time Machine.)

Any ideas?

2. bcaudill thread starter macrumors newbie

Restarted and tried CMD-R a few times, then tried to reset the PRAM with Command-Option-P-R a couple of times. After that for some reason the Recovery menu thing popped up. I did a "verify" on the disk and it seemed ok. Then rebooted and all seems well. I hope this doesn't happen again...