macbook air 2013 questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by pwnagium, Jan 12, 2014.

1. pwnagium macrumors newbie

Jan 12, 2014
    Hi guys, recently my MacBook air 2013 (stats maxed) 13 inch, has been experiencing multiple kernal panics in less than a month, even after a full uninstall and reinstall of os mavericks (done twice). So now that I'm confident that's its hardware related, I going to call Apple are soon for advice on what to do
    But I have some things in quite curious about.

My MacBook costed about 2000$, will they replace with same maxed out model? Or can I ask for a base model MacBook pro retina that costs about 2000$?

Also, how long until they will give me a completely new replacement? What's their policy these days?

I don't know if this helps, but my issue is well known on 2013 MacBook airs:p

Plz help!
  2. koerk macrumors regular

Dec 14, 2013
    I'm quite certain that they will only exchange the exact same model...
  3. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    They'll replace your machine with the same type and configuration, you'll not have the opportunity to "upgrade" it.

Also it will probably be a refurb unless you're within the return period
  4. TjeuV macrumors 6502

Dec 14, 2011
    Depends really. If it were a stock model you could just walk out the apple store with a new model. Yours is BTO so expect 1-3 days.
    Odds they will allow you customer credit are low but possible when going to an apple store. Even lower when going to a premium reseller. Apple stores are always the same thing: be lucky with the guy/girl that's helping you. I've known people with shattered iphone front glass walking out with a new model, no problem whatsoever.