Macbook Air 2014 reduction

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Zabijaaak, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Zabijaaak macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have an early 2014 Macbook Air and just bought a new monitor (Dell se2416h) and plan to use it on 1080p resolution.

What is the best reduction/connector to do this?

I have searched a bit and it seems that my only option is mini displayport to VGA? Will VGA work for 1080p resolution or do I need HDMI? But then again I haven't found any reduction that would allow me to have the monitor connected with my Mac via HDMI...

Thanks for your help!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Definitely would avoid VGA in every scenario. The quality is terrible.

Best to get a MiniDisplay>HDMI converter to run it through HDMI. However I can't say with any certainty if there would be any hiccups with this setup. DELL monitors can sometimes be a little stubborn with OS X.

3. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I have an old Dell monitor that I sometimes use with my MBA. It doesn't have an HDMI port, but it works fine with a DVI adapter. I also have an HDMI adapter that works fine with a couple other monitors. Purchase the adapter from a store that has a liberal return/exchnage policy if possible. That way you can take it back if it doesn't work.

4. Zabijaaak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. Ended up trying the DVI -> VGA connector and it's working perfectly.