Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DUBARDSON

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2016
Paris, France
Hello guys, i have bought a MacBook Air CTO 8 go RAM & 256 go of ssd 4 months ago and i would love to be able to play some FPS with a decent FPS, it's why i'm here to ask you if you know a way to use an external graphic card? I have a small budget for that (around 500€)
Also i was wondering if a i7 processor makes difference ingame? i mean can i gain some FPS or only the chipset is important?
Thanks guys!
Good evening
ps: (sorry for bad english, i'm french ^^)

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
500 euros (~$USD 550) sounds like a pretty big budget to me. Just a thought... couldn't you sell the MacBook Air, add the proceeds to your 500€, and buy another computer that has the specs you need?

Your English is very good by the way! :)

DUBARDSON

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2016
Paris, France
500 euros (~$USD 550) sounds like a pretty big budget to me. Just a thought... couldn't you sell the MacBook Air, add the proceeds to your 500€, and buy another computer that has the specs you need?

Your English is very good by the way! :)

i like the MacBook AIR a lot, it's pretty light, well designed and pratical to go to univ or to photoshop for exemple but I just want to be able to play with a good fps from time to time. By the way i had a asus rog gamer before and it ruined 1 year of univ by nerding 24/7 its why i prefer to keep a MBA :D
thanks for replying!
ps: i'm trying to improve my english too!!
Good evening

Reactions: Boyd01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.