MacBook Air - 64GB

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sza, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sza macrumors 6502

I am wondering that will there any customer still buy this one? Can't believe apple still sells the 64GB model.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They're still selling it, so people are probably still buying it. Companies don't usually keep products available that aren't selling at all.

3. simsaladimbamba

There are still a lot of people, who don't hoard lots of big files like HD movies and music and photos and such.
    Those people might be perfectly fine, to have only 50 GB of unused storage space instead of 110 GB. Maybe they add a GB per month of data due to some photos and some music and more text documents.

Anyway, I have only heard rumours of such people, as I myself have TB of data, though I am currently in the process of sorting it and throwing it away.
    64 GB would be a welcome challenge.

4. nizz, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

nizz macrumors regular

i have the 64gb air with 33gb free space. i still have everything that came with the computer like imovie, garageband, and iphoto even though i dont use them. the following are things taking up significant space:

1) steam with civilization 4
    2) ms office 2011 full suite
    3) vmware with windows xp
    4) 1.5gb of music
    5) 3 mail accounts with about 1gb of emails stored

the rest of my media is stored on an external drive at home. when i need portability with movies and stuff, i use my 32gb flash drive.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm assuming most people who buy the entry-level MBA aren't going to be storing a TON of stuff on there. It's really a step above the iPad. I'm looking at getting a MBA for use with writing. I don't need 2 TB of storage because I have an iMac. The Mac OS basics plus Pages and Numbers would be about all I need on there.

6. mikkker007 macrumors member

I bought a 64GB/i7/4GB...... (sold my mid 2007 20"iMac).... have a ton of Movies/music on ext HDD. when I feel the need to watch/listen?. takes 2 sec to copy to iTunes..... the speed and portability are awesome....... 11" MBA- 64GB iPad?.. hmm...... I love a physical keyboard...... and its So much faster than my iMac......
    Have all my Pix in iPhoto, still have 21GB free..... happy as a bird.......:)

7. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

How do you feel about the 64GB iPad?

8. mikkker007 macrumors member

having lined up for iPad1............. same for V2...........
    Loved them both... Still do....

for me? iPad 64gb iOS or 64gb OS X.....there's your answer..
    make of it what you will.:apple:

----------

here i am, typing on a tactile/Physical keyboard, running ML 10.8.......... thank god Apple give's us all an option... this Brilliant company has dotted all the i's, cross all the T'........... Hardware/Software integration..... there is a product for everyone......

P.S Microsorrrft??? windows 8, does actually look good....... but.. too little too late.............................:apple::apple::apple::apple:

9. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Were I to get an air, I feel the 64gb stock version would more than suffice for me. Taking into account room for office, some misc apps, I would save mostly documents (that don't take up too much room) or use external HDDs, or rely on dropbox. That would still leave my 40-50 gb of space to play around.

I don't bother with photos or videos, nor do I need space for bootcamp/parallels/games etc and once in a blue moon when I may need to edit a video, I would need 10gb of temporary space at most.

That said, it just costs me an extra $100 to get 128gb SSD, so I may be tempted to just spring for upgrade. :)