MacBook Air and Adobe Creative Suite 3 (CS3)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by southcounty949, Jan 17, 2008.

1. southcounty949 macrumors member

southcounty949

Hi, I've waited such a long time to upgrade my iBook G4. I also have a PowerBook G4. I'm a student and I would like to be able to bring my laptop everywhere, so ideally I'd love the MacBook Air. However, I am currently taking a beginning class in graphic design, that requires me to use CS3. Now, I will have CS3 in my home computer, but I'd what I want to know if you guys think that CS3 will run just fine on a MBA. I'm not planning on having tons of programs, basically just Office 2008 and CS3. Let me know what you think. I don't want to buy this MBA only to find out that it can't handle CS3. Thanks :apple:

2. stekerrod macrumors regular

i'm running CS3 on a 1.42Ghz iBook G4, its got 1.5GB ram and 60GB HD and CS3 and Office are fine on them, even though i aint really done some intensive photoshopping on it yet! i'd imagine it'd run fine though especially as it can apparently run on a 1GHz G4

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I am sure it can 'handle' it but I don't entirely understand why you would want that as your primary laptop to travel everywhere with. For a small price more you could have a much sturdier and higher spec'ed macbook pro. :confused:

I suppose I'll never entirely understand why anyone but a traveling yuppie would get the macbook air but maybe that's just me.

If you can afford it and know it's more than just an 'ooooh, aaaaah' machine then go for it.

4. Matiek macrumors member

You would be fine running CS3. It's not as under powered as everyone thinks it is. Hardware advances have out grown software needs by quite a bit, with the exception of vista. The MBA isn't a slow machine we're all just used to hearing about 3.6 ghz processors.

The MBA is faster than the first Macbooks were and they run it.

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

CS3 will run just fine on that spec, but I'm not sure I'd want to use Photoshop or InDesign seriously on a screen that small....

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'd hate to use CS3 with a poxy little 4200rpm drive... get a machine that can grow with your needs and is at the very least upgradable to some extent, not some underfeatured sealed lightweight machine for note-taking and emailing.

7. one1 macrumors 65816

It'll process it, but $5 says it'll melt into a pile of MacBook