macbook air and aluminum case like Zero Haliburton

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by riverjetties, Sep 2, 2011.

1. riverjetties macrumors newbie

Do any of you have any experience / suggestions about a case like the Zero Haliburton that is made for Macbook Air 13"? It looks like their cases are more general purpose. Maybe I just need to get one but would appreciate any advice.

Love my new 13"

-jt

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

Well, I have had access to similar suitcases, though not exactly from Zero Haliburton (some of them might have been Zero Haliburton since I did not look), and they are all very bulky, heavy, and generally very uncomfortable for travel.

Unless you are trying to ensure your Macbook Air against nuclear bombing, or you work for the government and your data is as top secret as your existence, or something of the sort, I think a Zero Haliburton is very overkill.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Waterproof is one of the main advantages of an aluminum Haliburton case. They came out with new models just the other day. They also have a polycarbonate line, material that Tumi had started using.

http://www.zerohalliburton.com/index.php

4. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

All this is true, but on the other hand they do last. I have a large Halliburton case from 1968 and a small one from 1984 . . . airplanes, tropical rain forest, you name it. Dented and scratched and still doing their job perfectly.