Macbook Air And Imac 27" ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 95jake, Jan 19, 2012.

1. 95jake macrumors newbie

Hey Guys

I currently have a 2011 Macbook pro 17" i am planning on selling
    For high school

I hope to sell it for ~$2100 AUD
    Then i have some money saved
    That gives me $3000 AUD

Now i am planning on getting a

2011 Macbook air 13" 128gb + Imac 27" (Unsure of year depending of were i can get it from)

The reason i want to sell is for high school as im starting year 11 and i need something light as i walk to school.

So i was wondering if that is the best option for me

What do you guys suggest ?

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Not to judge, but merely out of curiosity, what do you need a 27in iMac and 13in MBA for if you're only in year 11? Why would just having only a 13in MBA not satisfy your needs?

3. cloudTiger macrumors newbie

In my household, my wife has 13" MBA and loves it for what she does - and I like it for portability, but my preference is for lotsa screen real estate. So, I prefer doing serious work in front of 27" display. Perhaps MBA + 27" display is best combo and will save some cash.

I'm satisfied with my thunderbolt display, but the glossy screen is meh. But the connectivity on the back was the selling point to me.

At the end of the day, consider what you will be using it for + what else could the money do for you. You're young with disposable income - start thinking through purchase decisions well now, and it will serve you well.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I love my 11" MBA and 27" iMac. Best of both worlds.