Macbook Air and iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rook02, Feb 28, 2011.

1. rook02 macrumors newbie

I am in the market for a new notebook. I was planning on doing a combination of a Macbook Air (11" or 13") and an iPad. I am a medical resident and read a lot of journal articles (PDFs) and online text (textbooks/medical websites). I also have to create a lot of presentations as well. In my free time, I also stream videos online.

I was planning on getting an iPad for light internet use, note taking during lectures, and reading journal articles/online textbooks. The Macbook Air would be more for personal use, as well as, making presentations.

Do you guys think that would work? If so, what would be a better option for me, the 11" or 13"?

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

TBH the iPad for note taking; an 11"MBA might be better suited to that. iPad and 13" if you can afford it.

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I'd recommend the 13", you'll appreciate the added screen size for typing / reading.

That and an iPad would be good together.

4. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

I'd say an iPad and 15" or 17" if possible. If you're going to have a 13" (or possibly 11" Air), you might as well use that for note taking and travel.

Heck, if you weren't a student, I'd recommend iPad and iMac if you were set on having an iPad.

5. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

go to your nearest apple store and look at the mac book air 11" the size and weight of the notebook is simply staggering. If your looking at portability over screen size MBA 11" is what you should get.

That plus a new iPad 2 will be perfect :D

6. ApplesAOranges macrumors 6502

MBA is definitely for you. iPad is an entertainment toy with a crippled internet. MBA is a entertainment toy AND a serious computer with FULL internet.