Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following a few deals on the 10th generation iPad we shared this morning, Best Buy today is also discounting a collection of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro notebooks. Some of these deals require a My Best Buy Plus or Total membership, which are available from $49.99/year.

MacBook Air

macbook-air-blue-feb.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 13-inch M1 MacBook Air, Best Buy has the 256GB model for $749.99, down from $999.99. This is a match of the all-time low price on the M1 MacBook Air, and it's available in Gold, Space Gray, and Silver.

MacBook Pro

macbook-pro-blue-feb.jpg

There are a few more MacBook Pro models on sale compared to the MacBook Air deal, and these are also at all-time low prices. It's worth noting that the MacBook Pro deals will require you to have a My Best Buy Plus or Total membership in order to see the record low prices, but even without one you can find some solid second-best prices on Best Buy.

Starting with the M3 512GB 14-inch MacBook Pro, you can get this model for $1,399.00 with a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership, down from $1,599.00. The M3 Pro 512GB 14-inch MacBook Pro is on sale for $1,749.00, down from $1,999.00, which is a best-ever deal we haven't tracked since the holidays.

Note: My Best Buy Plus/Total membership required to see final deal price.

Moving to 16-inch models, Best Buy has the M3 Pro 512GB/18GB Memory 16-inch MacBook Pro for $2,249.00, down from $2,499.00. You can also get the M3 Pro 512GB/36GB Memory 16-inch MacBook Pro for $2,649.00, down from $2,899.00. Similar to the 14-inch notebooks, these are some of the best discounts we've ever tracked on the MacBook Pro.

Note: My Best Buy Plus/Total membership required to see final deal price.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Get Multiple Record Low Prices at Best Buy, Save Up to $250

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
it's been $750 for ages. It's a little over a three year old machine.

Still a great one, and if on a shoe string budget still amazing value, but with some caveats entering 2024 IMO.

In other words, I think they should start discounting even more ($50-100 imo)

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
How about 8/512 on the M3 MacBook Pro 🤡 Edition™ ?
Same a pro with only 8GB ram i have a 9 year old MBP with more then that. i've wanted a new one for a while i refuse if those are base models. I have been using Dortania's OpenCOre on my 2016 MBP its doing fine and on the latest OS. Apple better do something soon or they gonna loose a long time FAN BOY

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I have been using Dortania's OpenCOre on my 2016 MBP its doing fine and on the latest OS

Same for me on a 2015 15" MBP
Punches way above it's weight/age

OpenCore has really shown me how much the "supported by X, Y, Z macOS version" timelines are artificially cut short by Apple

• Love
Reactions: Queen6 and k1121j

nsklaus

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2020
what an amazing coincidence, since, the number of problems apple introduced over years of silly updates, always introducing new features but never fixing bugs, is also now reaching an all time high. so maximum number of problems for as little money as possible. if you like bugged OSes that's a great deal. not to mention macos mascarading as a 10gb bios without an UI. you also get a +10gb dev stack, a substandard window management system and still no built-in package manager, you get to experience "apple gaming paradise" with broken controller support, outdated and slow opengl, no vulkan, half-cooked x86_64<->arm64 translation and a dysfunctional steam client. apple even removed 32bit support to please its users.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
what an amazing coincidence, since, the number of problems apple introduced over years of silly updates, always introducing new features but never fixing bugs, is also now reaching an all time high. so maximum number of problems for as little money as possible. if you like bugged OSes that's a great deal. not to mention macos mascarading as a 10gb bios without an UI. you also get a +10gb dev stack, a substandard window management system and still no built-in package manager, you get to experience "apple gaming paradise" with broken controller support, outdated and slow opengl, no vulkan, half-cooked x86_64<->arm64 translation and a dysfunctional steam client. apple even removed 32bit support to please its users.

But have you seen the upcoming Spring 2024 watch band colors?

😂

• Haha
Reactions: Queen6

PdxMacUser

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
The M1 MacBook Air doesnt seem like a deal, does it? it’s been routinely priced at $750 many times ver the past few years from Amazon, Best Buy and others.

PdxMacUser

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
The M1 MacBook Air doesnt seem like a deal, does it? it’s been routinely priced at $750 many times ver the past few years from Amazon, Best Buy and others.
An actual great deal ended on Sunday, when Best Buy was offering the 15” M2 Macbook Air for $999, matching a deal that originally started on Amazon. Seriously regret missing out on that one.

nsklaus

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2020
But have you seen the upcoming Spring 2024 watch band colors?

😂
yes. good one.

that also reminds me how apple advertise on the artist side and colored shells for its products but the OS itself is completely locked down and you can't even change UI colors or tweak anything without resorting to unapproved workarounds that involve disabling security and convoluted trickery to circumvent all the restrictions imposed on us by apple. talk about creativity environment and impose hard locked theme. macos is so lagging behind ..
plus, i really dislike the new theme imposed on us since big sur. at least macos looked nice _before_ .. it also had theming capabilities _before_ .. (with flavours 2). i think macos is evolving backward.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
M1 Air is still a great laptop. Can get it around $750 nowadays. Still a very capable laptop even though it has now been slightly over 3 years since it was released.

Reactions: Queen6

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Best Buy gave me $300 for my late-2016 MBP (8/256, 2-port, no f keys), so I was able to get an M1 MBA for $450. My MBP needed a battery, too, so that was a great deal for me.

Reactions: TVreporter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.