Macbook Air and Persian Cat Present

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by PaulChowHK, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PaulChowHK macrumors regular

My beautiful daughter going to university in USA and we missing her lots now that her birthday coming next week. She crying lots when she leave because she having to leave her cat at home. My wife and me buying her new Macbook air and persian cat cover for her new computer. She reading about Macbook Air here and talking about it lots when she going to university so saying so many students in USA having Mac. This site helping sell lots of Mac computers :)

2. tzhu07 macrumors regular

tzhu07

Um.....yes?

More college students use Macs compared to the general population.

3. jbzcar macrumors regular

Who else thought this thread was going to be about a persian cat leaving a "present" on someone's MacBook Air? :D

4. PaulChowHK thread starter macrumors regular

My daughter studying business. If there are program for her MacBook air can helping her please help me and put here :)

5. tzhu07 macrumors regular

tzhu07

Well for starters, she'll want iWork or the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software.

6. bdrake47 macrumors regular

Yes, she will definitely need MS Office 2011.

Also, add iLife '11 to the list. iPhoto and iMovie will help with sharing photos and keeping in touch while she's abroad :)

A good note taking app will be very useful. There are several threads here about that already, EverNote and Circus Ponies Notebook seem to be mentioned a lot.

Mail, iCal, Reminders all come with the Air, so if she gets a strong grasp on how it's all integrated it will really help her right out of the box.

7. Elijen macrumors 6502

Elijen

As far as I know you can get the best price for Apple products using "Apple on campus" program (Around 12% discount). The disadvantage is that your daughter will have to buy the computer using her university intranet so you can't surprise her with the MacBook wrapped in a giftbox. Perhaps you could ask her for the login details somehow. Also the program may not be available for her university/country.

Second option is to buy it using education pricing: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/findyourschool

Last advice is to buy it in the USA as the prices of Apple products are much lower than in the rest of the world.

Good luck ;)

8. PaulChowHK thread starter macrumors regular

I buying too fast. I paying full price

9. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Why business? Not a doctor?

10. PaulChowHK thread starter macrumors regular

Her grand and mother wanting her be doctor but she wanting do business

11. Luigi3 macrumors member

Studying business... Why not starting a business? :cool:

12. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

:) Best to let the kids decide for themselves.

13. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

And then they would end up with a Catbook Air :p:eek:

I agree. I'm doing law and I'm doing it because I want to do it. Nobody pushed me into it. If I had been pushed into a particular career/degree I would probably have hated it. Best to follow your heart.