MacBook Air- and Pro-update 2.0 question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maggot FF, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Maggot FF macrumors member

Maggot FF

So, i still haven't installed this update since i read a lot of people had trouble with it once it came out, and i don't really have any graphical or performance issues with my mac whatsoever.

Now, have they pulled the update and replaced it with a new one that is free from issues, or is it still the problem-update they want me to download? I'm keen on downloading if the update is "straight and true", but i want to steer clear of any problems. Plus, the OCD-part of me hates the red notification bubble on my app store icon... :p

2. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

They took the original one down due to problems. But a few weeks later released this one. I've installed it and its been great.
    I'm getting better performance in games particularly the witcher 2 in osx.

3. Maggot FF thread starter macrumors member

Maggot FF

So no issues whatsoever? I can't find anything on this newer version, only from the beginning of November when it was originally released, and all of that info shows that it was rather bad. Awesome if it makes some games run better though. i might just go for it, though i would like some more input from other. Getting rid of bad updates is such a hassle. :p

Oh, and thanks for the answer btw!

4. jvpython macrumors 6502

I've also noticed a big increase I'm performance in several games and also the UI a bit I think

5. Maggot FF thread starter macrumors member

Maggot FF

I think I'll go for it since the new release was supposed to be without the issues. I'm just iffy about stuff like this since i have basically no issues with the UI as it is now. Better performance in games is always good though.

6. kissmygrass macrumors newbie

They haven't fixed the mess with the power management introduced by the original version of the update. I have reinstalled this update and no change - my MBP still wakes on attaching/detaching AC.

7. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Is this the Retina update you are talking about?
    I just did mine last night. It fixed the sleep issues it was addressing but now my Expose is all whacky. Sometimes it shows programs, other times blank. I use it constantly since I work on my rMBP and switch from RDC to Safari and whatever else, constantly.

Anyone else having this issue?

8. vladster macrumors member

I had this issue and fixed it myself. Here's the thread.

9. AirThis macrumors 6502a

I got the original 'pulled' update. It was never replaced. No big issues here. Everything pretty much runs perfectly.

10. kissmygrass macrumors newbie

Do you mean the solution that requires pushing power button after opening the lid? I would really like to get the original Mac behaviour back...