Macbook Air and Rain Design mStand

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ideonode, Aug 21, 2011.

1. ideonode, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

ideonode macrumors member

Hi all,

My other half finally replaced her dying Macbook Air Rev A with a new Macbook Air (13 in with all the trimmings)

Anyway, she's been using a Rain Design mStand
    http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html

However, what with the tapered edges of the newer Airs, I was wondering whether these were actually suitable, since a large amount of the weight of the laptop will be focussed in a smaller contact area, increasing the stress on the edge.

Has anyone used an mStand with the new tapered Airs much? Am I worrying needlessly?

Cheers,
    ideonode

2. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

I am using one and haven't had any problems. I just bought the stand and it looks like they even moved the pads in the front lower to accommodate the airs thin front. No dents or silliness going on here either.

3. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I just got the mStand for my Air and everything about it has been perfect for me. I don't see at all how it could cause any damage to the laptop.

4. Kafka macrumors 6502

Yes. The front of the stand goes a bit higher than the Air's front edge so it doesn't look as neat as with a MBP but that's it.

5. VMMan macrumors 6502a

The Rain stand is awesome. It's one of those things that I wish I had bought much sooner. I've used it for a MBP 13/5/17 and MBA 11 without any issues. It makes my laptop feel like a real desktop.

6. No-Me macrumors 6502a

I use the mstand with my MacBook Pro, it rocks, however, with the 11" air it seems to be a little off,.. I asked rain design if they are going to make a version that better suits the air, and if they can make the base the same as with the 27" and 24" LED display, since they use the old ACD style base :) (not thinner on the end) But I never got a response.